Getting Started Checklist
6 Steps to Starting Your Shop
To get started with your new shop, you should first set up the basics. We recommend doing this BEFORE creating products. Start by going to your Shop Setting in the Seller Dashboard
> Click on the Shop Settings Tab
Shop Settings Tabs
Step 1: About
- Shop Name: This is where you can view and edit the name of your shop. Keep in mind your shop name will also be your goimagine URL. If your shop name is "Bob's House of Bows" your URL would be "goimagine.com/bobshouseofbows". Also, if someone else has the name you want you will need to choose a different name.
- Shop Tagline: This should be a short line about your shop. Think of taglines of other companies like Goldfish "The Snack that Smiles Back". So, if you sell hats your tagline might be "Festive top hats for any occasion!" or if you live in New Orleans and sell local-themed jewelry that tagline might be "Handmade Jewelry with a Bayou Flair"
- Shop Announcement: This is an OPTIONAL area where you can announce a sale or special deal in your shop. Something like "25% Sale for Easter"
- Email Address: This is where notification emails will be sent for your shop.
- Address: This is required to properly calculate tax and shipping rates.
- Maker Profile Picture: This is a picture of YOU. It can be a nice headshot, it could be an "action shot" of you making your items or can show you wearing one of your products.
- Maker Profile: Here's where you can tell your story! Handmade buyers want to know who is making their items. So this is your time to shine! Tell them where you are from, the experience you have in what you make, why you make what you do...you can even get a little personal about your hobbies or family. The more a buyer gets to know you the more connected they will feel to the products you make!
Step 2: Appearance
The Banner and Logo will look like the below in your shop:
You can update your shop images in the "Appearance" section of your seller dashboard:
Step 3: Social Media
Enter the full URL of Social Media links (including https://) so your customers can follow you!
This might be the MOST important thing! Make sure to connect your Stripe Account so that you can get paid! Follow instructions to connect Stripe here: http://help.goimagine.com/articles/51318-connecting-to-stripe
Step 4: Shipping
If you would like to receive a text message when new orders come in you will need to enter your mobile phone number and consent to receiving text messages.
Step 5: Shipping
Your shop automatically has Real-Time USPS Ground Advantage and Priority Shipping set-up. So most sellers don't need to do anything to set up their shipping. The only thing you need to do is make sure to enter the weight of your products when creating products. This will ensure the proper shipping rate is calculated and charged to the customer.
If you would like to create your own custom shipping methods like a Flat Rate or Tiered Rate shipping based on price, quantity or weight you can learn more about setting custom shipping methods here: https://help.goimagine.com/categories/12972-shipping
Step 6: Shop Policies
This is where you enter your terms & conditions. Do you accept returns? If so, what are the stipulations? How long does it take to process orders? Any special care instructions? Anything else the buyer should know when purchasing your products?
Things to consider:
- Processing Time: Make sure to let the buyer know how long it will take for the product to be shipped. For instance, if it takes you 3-5 Days to create the product before it's shipping be sure to let them know.
- Return Policy: Do you accept returns? If so, how long does the buyer have to return the product?
- Care Instructions: If you are selling something that needs to be routinely cleaned or cared for, are there instructions the buyer should know?
- FAQ's: Is there any questions your buyers often ask? If so, get ahead by answering frequently asked questions on your terms.
Now that you have the basics completed for your shop it's time consider the following:
- ETSY PRODUCTS IMPORT - https://help.goimagine.com/articles/52204-etsy-import
- CREATE CUSTOM SHOP CATEGORIES -http://help.goimagine.com/articles/64557-custom-shop-categories
- START ADDING PRODUCTS - http://help.goimagine.com/categories/12971-products
- SET YOUR FEATURED PRODUCTS: http://help.goimagine.com/articles/64830-featured-products
Then, customize your private website with MOSAIC!
- If you are a MOSAIC Plan Member, you can now get started with your own website here: https://help.goimagine.com/articles/72850-mosaic-setup-checklist
Learn more about MOSAIC: https://www.goimagine.com/mosaic/
If you have any questions or need help getting set up please don't be a stranger. Email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org