Getting Started Checklist
8 Steps to Starting Your Shop
To get started with your new shop you should first set up the basics. Start by going to your Shop Account in the Seller Dashboard:
> Click on the Shop Settings Tab
Shop Account Tabs
Step 1: General Tab
- Enter Your Shop Name, Email and Address
- Make sure to connect your Stripe Account so that you can get paid! (http://help.goimagine.com/articles/51318-connecting-to-stripe)
- Upload Shop Banner - Recommended Size 3000 x 728 pixels. (http://help.goimagine.com/articles/52059-image-size-guidelines)
Step 2: Shop Details Tab
- Shop Tagline: This should be a short line about your shop. Something like "Festive top hats for any occasion!"
- Facebook URL: The link to your Facebook page
- Instagram URL: The link to your Instagram page
- Twitter URL: The link to your Twitter page
- Pinterest URL: The link to your Pinterest page
- Shop Announcement: This is where you can announce a sale or special deal in your shop. You could also put a short welcome note or say something nice.
Step 3: Optional Settings
- Set Your Website URL. By default, your shop will be goimagine.com/your-shop-name (i.e. goimagine.com/janes-art-shop), but you can change it to be something different. (i.e. goimagine.com/janesart or goimagine.com/artbyjane).
- If desired, integrate Google Analytics to track visitors to your site. (http://help.goimagine.com/articles/59390-google-analytics-setup)
Step 4: Description
- Meet the Maker - This is where you tell a bit about you and your shop. Introduce yourself to the buyer, let your personality shine and help them get to know you. Remember, people are buying handmade because they are buying a piece of the artist.
Step 5: Logos
- Upload your Logo for Shop Website. Recommended size 400 x 250 pixels.
- Upload your Logo for the Shop Invoice. Recommended size 400 x 250 pixels
Step 6: Featured Products
- This tab can be used AFTER you create your product catalog. Once you have enough products created you can set "Featured Products" to appear at the top of your shop 's homepage.
Step 7: Terms & Conditions
- Make sure to set the terms for buyers purchasing from your store. Including:
- Processing Time: Make sure to let the buyer know how long it will take for the product to be shipped. For instance, if it takes you 3-5 Days to create the product before it's shipping be sure to let them know.
- Return Policy: Do you accept returns? If so, how long does the buyer have to return the product?
- Care Instructions: If you are selling something that needs to be routinely cleaned or cared for are their instructions the buyer should know?
- FAQ's: Is there any questions your buyers often ask? If so, get ahead of it by answer frequently asked questions in your terms.
Step 8: MOSAIC Sub-Domain
- If you are a Professional Plan or All-Star Plan Member you can request a private MOSAIC Sub-Domain here: https://www.goimagine.com/mosaic-sub-domain-request-form/
Learn more about MOSAIC here: https://www.goimagine.com/mosaic/
Congrats! Now that you have the basics completed for your shop it's time to:
- CREATE YOUR SHIPPING METHODS - http://help.goimagine.com/categories/12972-shipping
- ETSY IMPORT - https://help.goimagine.com/articles/52204-etsy-import
- CREATE CUSTOM SHOP CATEGORIES - http://help.goimagine.com/articles/64557-custom-shop-categories
- START ADDING PRODUCTS - http://help.goimagine.com/categories/12971-products
- SET YOUR FEATURED PRODUCTS: http://help.goimagine.com/articles/64830-featured-products
If you have any questions or need help getting setup please don't be a stranger. Email us with questions at email@example.com