Local Pickup Option
Setting up Local Pickup
Many makers like to offer "Local Pickup" for customers that live near them. While goimagine doesn't formally have this feature (we will be adding it in the future) there is a way to accommodate it now by doing the following.
NOTE: This doesn't stop someone from choosing this option if they need delivery, but it makes it very obvious the "shipping" choice is not for them
DISCLAIMER: goimagine is not liable for anything that may happen off of our platform.
1) Create a MANUAL Shipping that includes
- Name - LOCAL PICKUP
- Description - Whatever you would like to say to let the buyer know your terms around the local pickup. (i.e. I am happy to schedule a time to meet you at the post office in XYZ City to hand off your product)
- Delivery Time - Instead of putting a time you could put another disclaimer the option is for Local Pickup Only
2) To make the calculation work properly there must be an dollar amount in the shipping rates, but to "trick" the system do the following:
- For all orders that are $0 or more the shipping rate will be $0 (i.e. free)
- For all orders over $10,000 (which you presumably won't have) the cost for 'shipping' will be $1
By setting it up this way it will charge $0 for any orders that are under $10,000.
So, the Shipping Rates should look like this: