Google Analytics Setup
We are excited to offer our makers the ability to integrate your goimagine store with Google Analytics. Once integrated you will be able to track shop visits, pages views, traffic metrics, buyer locations and other reports by logging into your FREE Google Analytics account two different ways:
- DESKTOP LOGIN: https://analytics.google.com/
- MOBILE APP: Search for it in the Apple and Android App Stores!
Create a Google Analytics Account
Create or sign in to your Analytics account:
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Do one of the following:
- To create an account, click Start for free
- To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
NOTE: To find your website URL extension go to to the "Optional Settings" tab of your Seller Account section in your Seller Dashboard. From there you will see. In this example your Website URL would be goimagine.com/your-shop-name
Create a Property
See instructions on how to create a property on Google here (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/10269537) or follow the below steps:
1. Go to the Admin section (by clicking in the bottom left corner ⚙️ ), look at the Account column to make sure that you've selected the right account. Then, in the Property column, click Create Property.
2. Enter a name for the property (e.g. "My Business, Inc website") and select the reporting time zone and currency. If a visitor comes to your website on a Tuesday in their time zone, but it's Monday in your time zone, the visit is recorded as having occurred on Monday.
3. Click "Show advanced options" (below the property-setup fields).
4. Turn on the switch for Create a Universal Analytics property.
5. Enter the website URL. Select the protocol "https://"
6. At this point, choose to create Only a Universal Analytics property.
If you need a "UA-" tracking ID, choose this option.
7. Click Next and provide information about your business.
8. Click Create.
Accept the Analytics Terms of Service and the Data Processing Amendment if prompted, and click Finish.
You can now get your UA- tracking code by clicking Tracking Info > Tracking Code:
After you have your Google "UA-" Tracking Code do the following in your goimagine dashboard:
In your goimagine Seller Dashboard go to the "Optional Settings" tab of your Seller Account to locate the Google Analytics Tracking ID Field.
1) Click on "Shop Account" then "Shop Settings".
2) Under the "Optional Settings" Tab enter the UA- code in the Google Analytics field.
Step 3: Copy/Paste or Type your Google Analytics Tracking ID into the GA Tracking ID Field
Step 4: Click Save...and you're done!!!!
NOTE: It can sometimes take up to 24 Hours for data to start appearing in your Google Analytics Account