August 2020 Release Notes
The goimagine team is excited to announce some of our August 2020 upgrades. This release contains feature updates, enhancements and bug fixes focused on providing a better experience to our sellers and buyers.
Below is a highlighted list of features you will soon see appearing in goimagine. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com
“Featured Products" in Maker Shop's
Goimagine now allows makers to create a “Featured Products” section on the homepage of their store. The featured images appear at the top of the page above the general catalog list of the shop.
To select and organize the products for the Featured Product section go to your Seller Account and select the “Featured Products” tab.
NOTE: The Position (Pos.) determines the order the products appear on the page. To re-arrange the order simply define the position numbers. After saving the numbers will reset, but with the products will be in the order you saved them in.
“Maker’s Policies” as Product Tab
On the product page the Shop’s Term & Conditions are now displayed as a tab called “Maker’s Policies”
“How it’s Made” Product Tab
When people buy handmade they do it not only for the product, but also for the maker behind it. To highlight this further goimagine has launched a new tab on the product pages called “How it’s Made”. The purpose of this tab is to give an area for makers to highlight further the love, care and attention to detail they put into their handmade products.
- The “Description” Tab should be used to describe what the product ‘is’ while the “How it’s Made” Tab should be used to describe the materials used to make the products, the process used to make it or any other details around the creation of the product.
- If you put nothing in the “How it’s Made” tab the tab won’t appear on the product.
Maker’s Shop Name is now Bold
To further highlight the maker on the product we have made the shop name BOLD.
Maker’s Shop displayed prominently on Buyer Orders Page
On the buyer’s order page there is a new column called “Maker’s Shop”. This will help buyers more quickly identify the maker they previously purchased from for re-orders and to do a review.
“Write a Review” on Order Page
To more easily write a review for an order the buyer can now click “Write a Review” directly from the order page.
Gift Recipient Shipping
Previously there has been no easy way for buyer’s to purchase a product and have it shipped to someone else as a gift. To rectify this there is a new section at checkout called “This is a gift” where the buyer can select and enter the gift recipient’s information.
If the buyer selects “This is a Gift” the information gets displayed on the order within the Seller Dashboard. There are three things to note:
- The Customer Address is greyed out to make it obvious to the seller not to ship to that address.
- There is a new “Gift Recipient Address” section that will display where to send the product to if it’s a gift.
- There’s a new “Gift Recipient Message” which may be a note for you to write to the gift recipient such as “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations”
Product Image Viewer Upgrade
The image viewer for products has been enhanced to include the following:
- Ability to see thumbnails and select which thumbnail to view
- Ability to Zoom into image provides the uploaded photo is
- Shows number of pictures