Product Fields & Properties
When you create or edit a product, you should specify the following product fields and properties. For convenience, they are grouped by tabs on the product editing page.
- Name—the name of the product as it appears on the store. We recommend NOT creating long and varied product names. goimagine searches search words as well as names. So having convoluted product names isn't necessary.
- Categories—the categories that the product will be assigned to. When a product has multiple categories, the first category on the list will be the main category for the product. To change the main category, just drag another category in its place. SPECIAL NOTE: Pay attention to the Parent Category next to the Sub-Category to appropriately place your product.
For instance, do NOT put a baby lotion in the "Children & Babies" section of the CLOTHING Category. While both say Baby and Child these are DIFFERENT parent categories.
- Custom Shop Categories - This is where you can assign products to your own custom categories.
- Price—This is the base price you are selling your product for.
- Full description—The product description that will appear on the product details page of the storefront.
- Status—the status of the product:
- o Active—the product is available on goimagine and appears in the product list.
- o Disabled—the product is not available on goimagine
- o Hidden—product does not appear in the product list on goimagine, but can reach a hidden product via a direct link. This is especially helpful for custom or private orders where the seller wants to send a hidden link to a specific customer for purchase.
- Images—The images of the product. Supported formats are JPEG, GIF, and PNG. Thumbnails for these images will be generated automatically.
One of the uploaded images will appear larger than the others. That’s the main product image that is displayed on the product list and on the product details page by default. To change the main image, simply drag and drop another image in its place. You can also change the order of additional images the same way.
If you hover over an image, you’ll be able to view the full-sized image, delete it, or edit its alt text. This text will be shown when the image is missing or cannot be displayed. It is a good practice to have an alternative text associated with the image, for SEO purposes.
PRODUCT IMAGE SIZE RECOMMENDATION: We are recommend products be 1000 x 794. The size limit for product images is 5 MB
Pricing / Inventory
- SKU # —the identifier of the product that you use in your store (a stock keeping unit or SKU); it is used to distinguish products from each other during import, so that the data would be saved to the right product.
- List price—if this price is higher than product’s Price, then a discount label will be displayed for the product. This can be used to show a sale on the product.
- In stock—the number of products in the stock and for sale.
- Inventory—the way of tracking the inventory of the current product:
- Track Inventory
- Unlimited / Do Not Track
- If a product is tracked with options, you’ll need to specify the number of in-stock items individually for each combination of option variants.
- Out-of-stock actions—select if customers should be able to buy the product in advance before it is not yet available for sale, or sign up to receive an email notification when the product is available.
- Downloadable—if this checkbox is ticked, the product is labeled as downloadable, i.e. distributed by download.
- Time-unlimited download—if this checkbox is ticked, the product download period never expires.
- Search Keywords—the list of words by which the product will be found in goimagine search
- NOTE: Include both singular AND plural keywords. Also, include punctuation (i.e. Mothers Day and Mother's Day). Essentially, any way you think someone might search for your product make sure to add it.
- Promo Text / Shipping Timeframe Notes (optional)— This is a convenient box to put how long a customer should expect it to take to get your product. It shows up above "Add to Cart"
This tab allows you to manage product options and option variations for the product.
Product options appear on the product details page on the storefront. Depending on the type of an option, customers either select one of the option variants or provide their own variant.
This tab contains a number of product properties that are important for automatic shipping cost calculation.
- Weight—the weight of a single item in the store’s default weight measurement unit.
- Free shipping—if you check this checkbox, the product will be excluded from the shipping cost calculation, as long as there is a shipping method has the Use for free shipping checkbox checked.
- Handling Fee —the handling fee (insurance, packaging, etc.) added to the shipping cost.
- Items in a box—the minimum and maximum number of product items to be shipped in a separate box. Usually it’s (only one product per box).
- Box length—the length of a separate box.
- Box width—the width of a separate box.
- Box height—the height of a separate box.
If you don’t specify box dimensions, values will be taken from the shipping method. Box-related properties are required for a more accurate shipping cost estimation when a real-time shipping method supports multi-box shipping (USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL).
This tab contains the list of bulk prices for the product. Customers will see those discounts on the product page. Prices apply depending on the number of items of this product in the cart.
- Quantity—the minimum number of product items to qualify for the product bulk price.
- Value—the value of the discount (per item).
- Type—the type of the discount:
- o Absolute—the cost of 1 discounted item.
- o Percent—the percent discount off the base product item price.
Files to Sell
This tab contains a list of files that are associated with this downloadable product.
Each file has the following properties:
- Name—the name of the file as your customers will see it on the product page. Note that it does not change the original file name.
- Position—the position of the file relatively to the positions of the other files in the list.
- File—the actual file that will become available for download after purchase.
- Preview—a preview file that can be freely downloaded from the product details page on the storefront.
- Activation mode—determines how the download link will be activated:
- o Immediately—immediately after the order has been placed.
- o After full payment—once the order status has changed to Processed or Complete.
- o Manually—manually by the store administrator.
- Max downloads—the maximum number of allowed product downloads per customer.
- License agreement—the text of the license agreement.
- Agreement required—determines whether the customers must accept license agreement at checkout.
- Readme—additional instructions (for example, installation instructions, etc.)
- Folder—the folder to which the file belongs (if you created any).